Symptoms: The symptoms of Peyronie’s disease cannot be found in a single day; rather they become evident only over the period. The common symptoms of Peyronie’s disease include:
- Bending of the penis at an angle during erection
- Pain in the penis during sexual intercourse
- Feeling of a hard fibrous nodule in the penis when it is flaccid
Causes: Many people are actually unaware as to what causes this medical condition. However, following are some major facts or causes of Peyronie’s disease.
- One main cause can be an injury or trauma during sexual activity. In most cases patients are unaware of the trauma or injury.
- Another cause for the condition, though not proven, can be the use of anti-hypertensive drugs or, better known as, calcium channel blockers.
- All drugs which are beta blockers term Peyronie’s disease as a side effect.
Treatments and Supplements: In most cases doctors are of the opinion that Peyronie’s disease does not require any specific treatment. In such situation painless intercourse is still possible for an individual; this is the mild case of the condition. In extreme cases, if the condition is left untreated, the sufferer may have to undergo a surgery. In situations where Peyronie’s disease has led to erectile dysfunction, they can be corrected by inserting an implant for straightening the penis and avoiding the dysfunction. Physical therapy and devices are also designed to help individuals overcome the adverse situations. Since this medical condition can be physically and psychologically devastating, counselling is also provided to ensure a better treatment.]]>