Painful sex can be an issue not just for women but also for men. If men are faced with the issue of pain during sex or during ejaculation, they should not take the issue lightly and it must be dealt with in the right manner. Usually men face this problem during sex and during masturbation which can be due to some health problems and you should consult a doctor immediately. Some of them just evade the issue just because they are shy or they are not ready to own up the matter due to their pride. Two major reasons for painful sex in men are
1. Pain Related to The Penis
Usually the pain in the penis is faced by those individuals who have an abnormal curvature for their penis and also some medical conditions in the foreskin of their penis.
- The painful condition arising due to the curvature of the penis is called Peyronie’s Disease. This is due to the fibrous growth around the Penile Corpora Cavernosa. The excessive fibrous growth in certain cases thickens and widens, thus causing acute pain during the penetration. If the person is having acute pain due to this condition, then they have to go for surgical methods to remove this excessive growth of tissue.
- The second reason for pain in the penis can be due to the foreskin. The pain to retract the foreskin from the penis, medically termed as Phimosis, can cause pain in men especially during sex and during erection. In certain cases, frenulum breve can also be seen along with the condition. In this case, the frenulum breve may rupture during sex and cause bleeding, though this is not a very serious condition, in some cases this may lead to the penis being strangled, in which it becomes a medical emergency.
- In some cases continuous pain over a period of time can be signs of prostate cancer, especially if you are above the age of 50 in such cases it is recommended that a doctor is consulted immediately.
2. Pain During Ejaculation
Another case of pain experienced by men includes pain during ejaculation. This can be due to the following reasons.
- Infection of the urethra which results in a discharge of urinary meatus can be one reason. This is usually sexually transmitted and need to be dealt with immediately.
- Urinary tract infection – burning sensation during urination
- Chlamydia – Rare case of sperm infection
- Shrinkage or Urethra canal